APPRENTICE PROGRAM - EARN A FULL-TIME WAGE WHILE LEARNING A SKILLED TRADE!
Renewal by Andersen of Greater Maine is excited to introduce an impressive new apprentice program through our professional installation department. Work with us to become a certified installer of custom, high-end replacement windows and doors.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn a skilled trade while earning a full-time income - this could be for you! Program participants will receive everything they need to become a successful installer with Renewal by Andersen.
Throughout this program, you will apprentice under a Master Certified Installer with 20% of your time being in the classroom and 80% of your time working at real job sites.
AN APPRENTICESHIP IS INVALUABLE AND HERE'S WHY:
- It is a smart pathway to a career
- Receive an education while earning an income
- Hands-on training and experience from day one
- Targeted support
- Greater possibility for career advancement
- Customized training and job security
- Ability to earn higher wages than you would without apprenticeship
- Opportunity to become a Master Certified Installer
- Increased job retention and satisfaction
AS AN EMPLOYEE OF RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN, YOU WILL RECEIVE EXCELLENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Health insurance
- Dental & vision
- Earned paid time off
- Clothing allowance
- Your truck, trailer and tools are provided when you successfully complete our program and become an installer.
- Much more!
The following describes the duties and responsibilities of an Installation Technician with Renewal by Andersen. Regardless of your experience, all aspects will be covered in your apprenticeship to ensure your career success. You can take advantage of this excellent opportunity whether you have years of construction experience, or none.
The skills you will learn as an apprentice include, but are not limited to:
- Install all products plumb, level, and square
- Install products as specified in the Installation Package
- Products are flashed, taped, and caulked in a manner that prevents water and air infiltration
- Adequate application of foam in applied in all voids and around the complete perimeter of windows and doors
- Installed products are to be shimmed in a manner that prevents excess movement, bowing or sagging, and allows proper operation of all products.
Installers are responsible for the following:
- Pick up products and materials from our warehouse
- Transportation of products and materials to Customers' houses
- Safeguarding Customers' property (use of dust covers, drop cloths, etc)
- Cleanliness and job site maintenance
- Clear and proper communication with Customers, as well as the Main Office
- Proper walk through with customers upon job completion
- Safe operation of all tools and accessories
- Completion of Installation Checklist and Walk-Thru Checklists on all jobs and submitting them to the Main Office
- Return of unused material to our Warehouse
- Attendance at all required training and Installer Meetings as schedule
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Attend all required training classes
- Must be able to take direction and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to read and comprehend written and verbal instruction
- Understand thar RbA is a drug free canvas
- Must be willing to commit to participation in the entire Apprenticeship Program
- Must be self-motivated
- Valid Driver's license required (must be 21 or older to operate RbA vehicles)